Dec 03, 2023
Associate in Applied Science
CIP Code: 52.0302
The mission of the A.A.S. in Business: Accounting program is to educate and prepare students in generally accepted accounting principles and procedures for careers in business or accounting.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts and terms in accounting, marketing, management, and law.
- Solve statistical problems in business.
- Communicate effectively in organizational settings.
- Analyze, record financial transactions, and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare individual tax returns.
- Analyze and respond effectively to legal and ethical situations in diverse organizations.
Gian Roma, Chairperson
Office: Business Building, Room 108
Telephone: +1 (607) 778-5133
The Business: Accounting Program at SUNY Broome Community College is a sequence of courses in Accounting, Business, and Liberal Arts that leads to the Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.). The program is designed primarily to prepare the student for employment in the Accounting field immediately after graduation, although many students do transfer to four year schools.
The program is designed to be completed in two years by the full-time student. Students who wish to pursue part-time studies may do so. Schedules can be personalized to fit many needs.
Fall Semester (16 credits)
Spring Semester (16 credits)
Fall Semester (17 credits)
Spring Semester (15 Credits)
- ENG Advisor Approved English Course (3 credits)
- Natural Lab Science (4 credits)
Total Credits Required to Graduate: 64
1 Take these courses in the semester (spring or fall) indicated. They are not offered in all semesters.