Dec 05, 2023
BIT 205 - IT for Entrepreneurs
Learn how to harness information technology to streamline your business processes, access information in real time, utilize cheaper, quicker and more efficient communications, automate day to day tasks, and have a 24-7 presence on the Web. This course will jump start your ability to use new and existing technologies without relying on IT professionals for basic aspects of your information needs. It will also increase your knowledge and vocabulary of information technology trends so that you can communicate more effectively with IT contractors.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply software skills to business projects in the areas of word processing, spreadsheet analysis, database management, presentation software, and Web 2.0 tools.
- Define and discuss the vocabulary of core information technology functions including software applications, hardware, networking, and Internet applications.
- Write reports that demonstrate a competency in acquiring and evaluating data and the ability to interpret and communicate information for business intelligence.
- Demonstrate the ability to define the components of a simple network and troubleshoot simple problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, maintain, secure and backup files across a network, and develop a basic business continuity plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment to research and present information about a new or emerging information technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to use web applications for business processes and communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to use mobile devices for business processes and communications.