Mar 03, 2024
EGR 100 L - Engineering Orientation: Student Success I
This course is designed to enhance student success by addressing five primary themes: community building, professional development, academic success strategies, personal development, and orientation to the college environment. This is an interactive course with emphasis on group problem solving and experiential learning. Oral presentations from engineering design courses occur in the time designated for this course.
2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to be a good student through improving study skills and time management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the 4-year engineering schools and the transfer process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the companies in the area that do engineering work.
- Demonstrate knowledge of what to expect at work and how to prepare for retirement.
- Locate information effectively using tools appropriate to their need and discipline.