Feb 23, 2024
COM 180 - Podcasting
This course provides students with a knowledge of the podcasting field. Students will be guided through the many steps of podcast pre and post production. Students will be using Adobe Audition to learn how to record and produce their own podcast for broadcast.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of audio storytelling, recognizing the podcast medium as an intimate form of storytelling.
- Learn the essentials of quality sound and video for podcast production.
- Mix the engineered recordings with sound effects and music with modern editing software to create a podcast.
- Edit the videos with modern editing software used for podcasting.
- Understand the role of ethics and diversity in podcasting.
- Improve broadcast skills, including writing, research, interviews, editing and on-air presentation. Appraise and establish protocols to launch and distribute podcasts.