Sep 28, 2023
CLT 120 - Clinical Laboratory Techniques and Practices
Introduction to basic skills and equipment used in the clinical laboratory. Orientation to elements of quality control, laboratory mathematics, clinical assay techniques, safety, and collection and handling of specimens for laboratory analysis.
Prior or Concurrent: CLT 110 Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Technology and approval of CLT advisor
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe safety regulations and best practices in the laboratory.
- Identify and explain the use of common laboratory equipment.
- Perform common laboratory mathematical calculations.
- Describe what a quality assurance program is and identify common components.
- Discuss the function of hematology, chemistry, microbiology, urinalysis, immunology and immunohematology labs in regard to: (a.) type of specimen analyzed (b.) type of testing performed.
- Review the policies and procedures of the SUNY Broome Community College’s Clinical Laboratory Technician Program.