Feb 27, 2024
EGR 160 - Introduction to Systems Engineering
This course is an introduction to Systems Engineering and the Systems Engineering discipline. Topics include defining different types of systems, the steps of System Life Cycle Analysis, Ethical and Environmental Concerns, Systems Engineering management theories and statistical methods. Students will also examine real-world systems and how they are designed and analyzed using a holistic approach. Students will learn how to apply Systems Engineering skills to achieve greater college success.
1 Class Hour; 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define various types of systems.
- Describe the Systems Engineering profession.
- Describe how each of the life Cycle Stages applies to developing a new system.
- Apply Systems Engineering theories and techniques to a real-world problem.
- Develop and deliver an effective oral presentation with appropriate props and graphics.