Dec 08, 2023
BIT 182 - Designing Effective Web Sites
Experienced web designers will enhance their ability to create attractive, useful web sites by exploring the elements of good design. Issues such as audience identification, clarification of need, development of content, efficiency in use of files based on type and size, and an introduction to human factors in improving design will be explored. A popular commercial web authoring package will be used to create an attractive and effective web site as a final project.
Prerequisite: BIT 173 Website Creation with HTML/CSS
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe the principles of good design.
- Compare historic design principles to current best practices.
- Describe human factors that determine good design.
- Identify purpose, audience and need for a Web site.
- Develop appropriate content to maximize effectiveness.
- Critique color, layout, typography, images, animation and effects for a given Web site.
- Implement improved color, layout, typography, images, animation and effects for a given Web site.
- Design and implement effective navigation.
- Design for mobile through responsive design and dedicated mobile sites.