Mar 03, 2024
TEC 106 - Electronic Portfolios
Learn how electronic portfolios can help you to organize and market your work experience, education, skills, hobbies and volunteer activities in an easy to use web based format. This course will focus on the creation of biographies, resumes, description of skills and work samples to help you market yourself and gain a competitive edge in the job market or in applying to four-year institutions.
1 Class Hour
Objectives of the Course:
- Prepare students to market themselves by reflecting on their achievements and goals.
- Understand the impact of technologies such as electronic portfolios and social networking as part of showcasing skills, reflection, networking and lifelong learning.
- Utilize service learning to learn about possible career paths while providing a service for the community.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Utilize career searching database tools available at BCC and other college libraries.
- Understand the importance of reflection as part of lifelong learning.
- Perform written critiques of their peers which include criticism on writing content, style and visual design.
- Market themselves to employers or admissions representatives utilizing their electronic portfolio as a background of their best work.
- Craft professional resumes to target various employers/audiences.