THR 221 - History of the Theater
History of theatrical production with selected periods of theater activity as a mirror of social and cultural experience from ancient times to the present.
3 Class Hours
Good for students from all disciplines.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain aspects of historical periods of theater from the Greek and Roman to the contemporary, including their political, sociological, and artistic movements.
- Illustrate how playwrights and their plays reflect a given period of history.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development of theater as a component of history and the creative process inherent therein.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the conventions and methods used during historical periods of theater.
- Recognize and analyze nuance and complexity of meaning through critical reflections on text, visual images, or artifacts.