HOS 127 - Hospitality Purchasing
In depth instruction on general hospitality purchasing techniques. This course covers product information as well as management of the purchasing function, and how this relates to a successful operation. The selection and procurement functions within the hospitality industry are also covered.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Understand and apply the concepts of selection and procurement.
2. Utilize and employ technology applications in purchasing.
3. Understand distribution systems.
4. Comprehend forces affecting the distribution system.
5. Explain an overview of the purchasing function.
6. Work within the organization and administration of purchasing.
7. Understand the buyer's relations with other company personnel.
8. Using the purchase specification, be able to determine:
- the optimal amount
- the optimal price
- the optimal payment policy
- the optimal supplier
9. Understand and employ typical ordering, receiving and storage management procedures.
10. Understand and manage security in the purchasing function.
11. Recognize, grade and purchase:
- fresh produce
- processed produce and other grocery items
- dairy products
- nonfood expense items
- furniture, fixtures, and equipment
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)