SPM 297 - Sports Management Practicum
An introductory experience dealing with the management and promotion of sports games and events. With supervised assistance, students will help plan, organize, promote and conduct athletic events. Placement is typically in collegiate athletics, but could also be in other sports related venues.
Prerequisites: SPM 110 Foundations of Sport Management, SPM 279 Management/Promotion of Sports Events and Facilities, and SPM 189 Sports Law
90 Practicum Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply previous classroom instruction to the job experience and articulate this in writing.
2. Investigate and report on procedures followed for athlete training and evaluation.
3. Describe, in- depth, in writing, exactly what was learned in the accomplishment of learning objectives.
4. Describe, in writing, job training and job duties.
5. Develop work skills and obtain knowledge related to career goals and describe these in writing.
Add to Portfolio