RAD 229 - CT Pathology
This course will provide an understanding of common diseases diagnosable using Computed Tolography (CT). Importance will be placed upon the examination and demonstration of disease or trauma process from its description, etiology, associated symptoms and diagnosis with CT.
Prerequisite: The student must be a Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Define common terms used in the study of pathology.
2. Name common pathological conditions affecting any of the body systems studied in this course.
3. For each common pathological condition identified in the course:
a) Describe the disorder
b) List the etiology
c) Name the associated symptoms
d) Name the common means of diagnosis
e) List characteristic CT manifestations of the pathology
4. Identify each of the pathological conditions studied on CT images.
5. Identify pathology resulting from trauma on CT images.
6. Identify pathology common only in pediatric patients.
Add to Portfolio