THR 219 - Periods and Styles of Acting
The study and practice of period and contemporary styles of acting.
Prerequisite: Permission of Instructor
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the historical periods and styles of acting.
2. Define and write about the playwrights, performers and directors from selected periods and their role in theater history.
3. Practice the progression of rehearsal and performance techniques for each period/style of acting.
4. Interpret, perform and practice the techniques and styles for a given period for an audience.
5. Speak and write on the aspects of any given period/style of acting.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)