THR 201 - Children's Theater
Analysis of children-oriented plays, development of scripts, rehearsal and performace techniques. Performance either in campus theater or at area elementary schools for classtime and assembly programs and visiting with children pre/post performance.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Practice acting techniques particular to performing for children.
2. Strengthen their voice and body skills as performers.
3. Articulate the characters, period, author and other aspects of selected dramatic material.
4. Adapt dramatic material to the needs and skill levels of different age groups.
5. Evaluate children's theater plays in order to analyze the dramatic text in action.
[Add to Portfolio]