THR 165 - Dance for Actors I
Basic dance techniques, dance characterization, and movement relative to performance in musical theater.
8 Class Hours, 22 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Practice movement techniques that develop musicality and rhythmic skills.
2. Perform choreography that contains simple rhythmic changes.
3. Develop greater strength, stretch, and range of mobility.
4. Approach all training, practice and performance from an anatomically correct standpoint.
5. Expand his/her expressive range of movement and performance.
6. Define dance (jazz, ballet, etc.) and its vernacular roots through performing historical and present day styles.
Add to Portfolio