SQC 220 - Senior Practicum
This course is designed to allow students to integrate their theoretical knowledge with real world situations. Working in teams, students are assigned to case studies involving actual or fictitious data. The course emphasizes computer usage, classroom presentations, and written reports. ISO 9000 Standards and problem solving techniques including Pareto diagrams, process flowcharts, check sheets, brain-storming, cause-and-effect diagrams, and multi-voting schemes are discussed.
Prerequisites: MET 112 Metrology, SQC 111 Acceptance Sampling Techniques, SQC 113 Statistical Process Control, and MAT 245 Design of Experiments
Prior or Concurrent: MAT 245 Design of Experiments, SQC 210 Six Sigma Topics
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply problem solving skills and knowledge gained in other quality assurance classes to real world situations.
2. Demonstrate awareness of the contents of ISO 9001.
3. Use a computer as a tool for statistical analysis.
4. Use the computer to generate reports.
5. Function as a member of a working team.
6. Participate in team oral presentations.
7. Compile team reports.
Add to Portfolio