SQC 113 - Statistical Process Control
A study of process capability analysis and control chart procedures. Capability indices, control charts for attributes p, np, c, u. Short-run control charts. Control charts for variables x-bar, R, s. Distinctions made between process capability and process control.
Prerequisite: MAT 124 Statistics I or MAT 260 Applied Probability and Statistics
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Discuss the differences between specification limits and control limits.
2. Construct x-bar, R, s, x, and moving range, charts, and analyze the results.
3. Construct p, np, c, and u charts and analyze the results.
4. Construct Cusum charts for means and proportions.
5. Determine which control charts are appropriate for various applications.
6. Construct short run control charts for attributes and variables.
7. Define, compute, and interpret process capability indices.
8. Discuss rational subgrouping and its effect on analysis.
[Add to Portfolio]