RAD 230 - Clinical Education IV
Practical application of advanced positioning techniques in an affiliating site. Clinical hours: 18 hrs/week for 15 weeks.
Prerequisite: RAD 133 Summer Clinical Education III or permission of instructor
18 Clinical Hours/Week
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Perform advanced imaging procedures under more indirect supervision for second year level students focusing on procedures such as: skull, sinuses, facial bones, surgical, pediatric, trauma.
2. Demonstrate continued professional attitude in the clinical practice.
3. Maintain proficiency in the use of radiographic equipment, radiation protection, patient communication, and contrast agents.
4. Maintain radiographer's practice standards and HIPAA compliance.
5. Perform with 80% accuracy a minimum of 10 competencies on specific categories, after proving proficiency on campus practical exams.
[Add to Portfolio]