RAD 201 - Equipment Operation and Maintenance
Principles and operation of radiographic imaging equipment, tube design, X-ray circuitry, mobile equipment, image intensification, and digital radiography/fluoroscopy.
Prerequisites: RAD 102W Image Production and Evaluation II
2 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Describe and compare imaging systems and the main components of each.
2. Define and explain electrostatics, electrodynamics, and magnetism.
3. Identify and briefly describe electromagnetism, laws of electromagnetic indution, electromechanical devices, and transformers.
4. Describe the construction and principles of operation of the x-ray circuitry, timers, rectifiers, generators, and mobile x-ray units.
5. Identify and describe the construction, principles of operation, advantages and disadvantages of x-ray tube design, rating charts, and digital imaging equipment.
Add to Portfolio