RAD 115 - Radiation Protection
Basic radiation protection for the student radiographer.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain the justification and responsibility of providing radiation protection during radiographic exams.
2. Define and identify the production of x-ray and the types of x-ray interactions with matter.
3. Identify and differentiate radiation quantities, the appropriate symbols for each, and the recommended measurement guidelines.
4. Identify and describe the biological effects from ionizing radiation and means of protecting the patient and occupational radiographers.
5. Identify and describe the various methods and/or devices that may be used to detect and monitor radiation exposure.
[Add to Portfolio]