HIT 295 - Health Information Seminar
Principles of health information consulting and business requirements for self-employment. Resume preparation and interviewing techniques demonstrated. Certification exam preparation. Guest speakers will give presentations on current topics in the Health Information field and the profession.
Corequisite: HIT 245 Clinical Practicum II
2 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Prepare an effective resume and cover letter and identify its purpose/value.
2. Apply networking in identifying employment opportunities.
3. Conduct oneself appropriately during a job interview.
4. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of consulting.
5. Identify the importance of earning the RHIT credential and become familiar with the RHIT exam preparation/application process.
6. Obtain valuable information on the various career opportunities for the HIM professional.
7. Gain further insight and knowledge in various HIM topics through review of pertinent literature.
8. Prepare for the RHIT exam by taking a mock examination.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)