HIT 220 - Survey of Healthcare Delivery
The study of the regulatory issues, content, use and structure of healthcare data and data sets as they relate to long term care facilities, home health agencies, hospice, mental health facilities, ambulatory care, physicians offices and others. The financing of health care services will be discussed as it relates to the various payment and reimbursement systems.
Prerequisite: HIT 101 Introduction to Health Information Systems
2 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the various types of healthcare facilities.
2. Discuss the medical record systems used in healthcare facilities.
3. Explain the regulations that impact various types of healthcare facilities.
4. Discuss the role of HIM professionals in healthcare facilities.
5. Describe the reimbursement methodologies used throughout healthcare.
6. Identify the types of data sets used in healthcare facilities.
7. Explain risk management, legal and quality management concerns that relate to the various types of healthcare facilities.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)