HIT 214 - Ambulatory Care Coding
A study of CPT-4 and ICD-9-CM as it relates to ambulatory coding. An overview of ambulatory coding and data collection. Theories and practical applications of ambulatory payment methodologies.
Prerequisite: HIT 204 Inpatient Coding System
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the sections of the CPT book.
2. Discuss the format and organization of CPT.
3. Discuss the coding guidelines that relate to ambulatory care coding.
4. Accurately code medical services and procedures using CPT.
5. Accurately select diagnostic codes and CPT codes from ambulatory care records.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)