CST 216 - Visual Basic.NET
This course teaches the fundamentals of the Visual Basic language. The first part of the course concentrates on a detailed discussion of various Visual Basic controls, programming options and the use of Visual Basic tools. Once these concepts are mastered, the emphasis shifts toward integrating the various components into complete working applications. Emphasis will be placed on visual interfaces as well as problem solving.
Prerequisite: 2 programming courses
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Be proficient in using the Visual Basic.NET environment to create, debug, and run programs.
2. Understand the fundamental syntax of Visual Basic.NET and the fundamental controls.
3. Appreciate the role and techniques of Rapid Application Development.
4. Demonstrate achievement of program clarity through proven techniques of structured programming, object-based programming, object-oriented programming and even-driven programming.
5. Understand and use the principles of good graphical user interface design and object-oriented design with UML.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)