PED 140 - Dance Pilates
A cardiovascular course designed to use techniques that build the core musculature of the body. Aerobic dance routines will be utilized to increase the activity levels to a point where fitness will increase. This is an active, participatory course.
2 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate proper breathing techniques.
2. Identify a series of appropriate warming up exercises.
3. Perform correct maneuvers and sequence of exercises that strengthen muscles and increase flexibility and cardiovascular funtion.
4. Recognize when over-exertion and overuse can occur and take steps to avoid injury.
5. Show how to go through a proper cool down.