ART 215 - Painting II
An opportunity to refine the principles explored in Painting I with an emphasis on execution. Preliminary studies in composition will be required before focusing on large-scale finished paintings. Concepts of edges, lighting, planes, forms, value relationships, and brushwork re-examined.
Prerequisite: ART 116 Painting I
6 Studio Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply the tradition of classical observational oil painting to the creation of individual expressive artworks.
2. Mix colors, values, and tones that reflect an understanding of classical color schemes and harmonies.
3. Solve compositional problems based on classical design principles.
4. Describe verbally and in writing the process for creating a representational painting.
5. Analyze the artwork of various noteworthy contemporary and historic fine art painters.