Nov 26, 2022
BIT 143 - Social Media Campaigns: Targeting and Analytics
This course will enhance students' social media knowledge of focusing on the skills needed to plan and implement a successful social media campaign strategy. Students will study best practices, apply market and customer search, write copy specifically for social media, work with a wide range of campaign administrative tools, and gather and apply analytical data. The course will address how to improve and protect brand awareness and increase traffic to targeted destinations. Students will use a variety of social media methods and platforms, such as geotargeting customers via Facebook and YouTube, identifying brand influencers through Twitter, and refining keywork marketing via Google AdWords.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify the various social media platforms being employed for effective campaigns.
- Demonstrate which social media tools are the most effective for your specific campaign objective, be it traffic flow increase, branding, dissemination of information and public relations messaging, or the purchase of products and services.
- Assess when to incorporate new or emerging social media platforms.
- Analyze how social media content can "go viral" and determine how this can boost a campaign.
- Identify admin tools associated with various social media marketing services, and how to use these tools to setup a campaign.
- Compare and Contrast the three primary methods of pricing online media - CPC, CPM, and CPA.
- Compose a variety of targeted campaigns based on geography, interests, age group, keywords, income, and other core demographics.
- Describe the pitfalls that come with the use of social media by learning to protect and moderate brand pages, and how to respond when your brand is attacked online.
- Develop effective content for social media including, written copy, video, and imagery.
- Measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns with analytical data and use of targeting pixels.
- Utilize social media management tools such as HootSuite.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)