Aug 05, 2020
Associate in Science Transfer Program
CIP CODE: 5099.00
The Business Administration program in International Business is a sequence of courses with a global emphasis in Business and Liberal Arts that leads to the Associate in Science degree. The program is designed primarily to prepare the student for transfer to four-year schools although some students do seek employment immediately after graduation. The BCC Department of Business has transfer agreements with many universities which ensure graduates full junior status at the upper division school. Credits earned in the International Business major easily transfer to four-year colleges and students may continue their studies in International Business or other Business and non-business majors.
The program is designed to be completed in two years of full-time study. However, students who wish to pursue part-time studies may do so. Schedules can be personalized to fit many needs including day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functional areas of business to include accounting, marketing and law.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, analyze and make business decisions.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
- Be able to evaluate and compare professional, ethical, behavioral and social responsibilities, in a business context.
- Satisfy SUNY Wide General Education requirements.
Program supervised by:
Rick Behr, Chairperson
Office: Business Building, Room 108
Telephone: 607 778-5133
Gerald A. Loy, Esq., Coordinator
Office: Business Building, Room 216A
Telephone: 607 778-5300
Spring Semester 16-17 Credits
- Advisor Approved International General Edcuation Course or 2Foreign Language Elective (see approved list) Credits: 3-4
Fall Semester 16-17 Credits
- 3Advisor Approved General Education Course Credits: 3
- 2Lab Science Elective Credits: 4
- Advisor Approved International General Education Course or 2Foreign Language Elective (see approved list) Credits: 3-4
Spring Semester 16 Credits
- Advisor Approved General Education Math Elective (MAT 130 or above) Credits: 3
- Physical Education Credits: 1
- Advisor Approved 3International Elective Course or Foreign Language Elective (see approved list) Credits: 3
Approved List for Selections
1Depending on Mathematics entrance score and Math background, QBM or Principles of Management.
2Be certain to consult advisor when selecting electives.
3Overseas Study Program, HIS 100, HUM 101, HUM 102, ART 102, ART 104, or other advisor approved general education course.
4See Advisor: Non general education electives may be acceptable for students not transferring or transferring to non-SUNY colleges.