Oct 23, 2020
Associate in Applied Science
CIP CODE: 5002.00
The Accounting Program at Broome Community College is a sequence of courses in Accounting, Business, and Liberal Arts that leads to the Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.). The program is designed primarily to prepare the student for employment in the Accounting field immediately after graduation, although many students do transfer to four year schools.
The program is designed to be completed in two years by the full-time student. Students who wish to pursue part-time studies may do so. Schedules can be personalized to fit many needs including some courses being taught in the BCC College-on-the-Weekend program.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of modern business tools to include accounting, marketing and law.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, analyze and make accounting decisions.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
- Be able to analyze record financial transaction and prepare financial statements.
- Be able to evaluate and compare professional, ethical, behavioral and social responsibilities, in a business context.
Program supervised by:
Rick Behr, Chairperson
Office: Business Building, Room 108
Telephone: 607 778-5133
Gian Roma, Coordinator
Office: Business Building, Room 218
Telephone: 607 778-5143
See also: Financial Services
Spring Semester 15 Credits
- Math or Lab Science Credits: 4
Fall Semester 14 Credits
- Lab-Science Elective3 Credits: 4
- Advisor Approved General Education Course2 Credits: 3
Spring Semester 18 Credits
- ENG Advisor Approved English Course Credits: 3
- BUS Elective Credits: 3
See note 2
(pick one elective from group below)
NOTE: This program can also be taken on a part time basis. Part-Time Studies
1Take these courses in the semester (spring or fall) indicated. They are not offered in all semesters.
2See Advisor: Non general education electives may be acceptable for students not transferring or transferring to non-SUNY colleges.
3Must be 4 credit lab science.