Associate in Applied Science
CIP CODE: 5312.00
This program prepares you for immediate employment as a manufacturing technician with career opportunities in a variety of areas such as manufacturing processes, metrology, principles of continuous improvement, CNC machine programming and operation, robotics and C programming, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM), and statistical quality control. The program includes a capstone project and emphasizes the application of scientific and engineering knowledge combined with practical technical skills and methods in support of advanced manufacturing.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Graduates of the Manufacturing Technology program will demonstrate:
- An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and current tools of manufacturing.
- The ability to apply mathematics and science to improve efficiency and quality in manufacturing.
- The ability to creatively solve production and quality control problems.
- The ability to work effectively as a team member.
- The ability to identify, analyze and solve problems related to production and manufacturing.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other technical, support and management areas.
- An ability and interest in engaging in lifelong learning.
- A respect for the ethical responsibilities of their job.
- A respect for diversity and knowledge of professional, societal, and global issues.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
Diana LaBelle, Chairperson
Office: Science Building, Room 108
Telephone: 607 778-5415