Aug 18, 2019
Associate in Science Transfer Program
CIP CODE: 43.0102
This program is designed for full-time students desiring employment after two years of study in a corrections field as well as for students wishing to transfer to a four year college upon graduation from SUNY Broome Community College. The course of study includes a mixture of SUNY approved general education requirements, core criminal justice courses, and courses directly related to corrections. Students currently employed in corrections will also benefit from this course of study. Careful planning and selection of courses is necessary to complete the program in two years.
SEQUENCE OF COURSES: This model is a two-year course schedule for students meeting all program requirements and who decide to pursue full-time study. Schedules will be redesigned for those requiring preparatory courses or those deciding to pursue part-time study. Many students find it helpful to ease their course load during the school year by taking general education requirements during summer terms. Students placed into ENG 110S are required to take CRJ 111 before taking any other Criminal Justice Course.
To prepare students for positions in any field of criminal justice, with a focus on corrections, probation, and parole. To prepare student for transfer to a four-year criminal justice program, or related program.
- Students will understand the main components of the criminal justice system.
- Students will understand the criminal justice procedures as they specifically relate to the field of corrections.
- Students will understand the sentencing and incarceration course of action.
- Students will understand the release and reentry process.
Office: Business Building, Room 106
Telephone: 607 778-5008
Spring Semester 16 Credits
- Criminal Justice Elective (any CRJ, EMT, FRS, HLS not already required) Credits: 3
- History Elective Credits: 3 (Choose HIS 103, 104, 116, 117, 130 or 131)
- General EducationNatural Laboratory Science Credits: 4
Fall Semester 15-16 Credits
- General Education Math Credits: 3-4
- BIT Course Credits: 3
Spring Semester 13.5-14.5 Credits
- General Education Foreign Language, or General Education Arts Credits: 3-4
- General Education Humanities Elective Credits: 3
- Social Science Credits: 3
Total Credits: 60.50-62.50