CIP CODE: 15.0702
The Quality Assurance concentration of the Industrial Technology program at Broome Community College is a planned sequence of college level courses leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree. Quality Assurance emphasizes both the theory and the application of established methods of quality in areas such as engineering, health care, education, business management, etc. The program prepares the student for immediate employment or for possible transfer to an upper division school upon graduation.
The program may require more than two years to complete, depending on a student's academic background. The department will tailor a program assuring each student the opportunity to earn an AAS degree in Industrial Technology with a Quality Assurance concentration. Qualified AAS degree candidates may have the opportunity to complete an internship with a local employer.
The following sequence of courses is a two-year schedule for full-time day students meeting all prerequisites. Schedules will be redesigned for students without the prerequisites and part-time students.
- Define key concepts of quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- Identify problems related to quality and apply appropriate solution techniques.
- Use software applications for quality analysis and problem solving.
- Form, work in, manage, and lead teams.
- Communicate quality issues, analyses, conclusions, and recommendations.
Program supervised by:
Timmy Bremer, Chairperson
Office: Applied Technology Building, Room AT 006G
Telephone: 607 778-5165