Mar 19, 2018
CIP CODE: 24.0101
Liberal Arts offers a 24-credit certificate for students seeking a short-term program to meet personal and professional goals. Matriculated students may use this certificate to meet the 18-credit requirement for New York State Teaching Assistant.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Liberal Arts certificate students will demonstrate basic proficiency in written and English.
- Liberal Arts certificate students will show a grasp of American and global intercultural and historical connections, and demonstrate familiarity with social science concepts and methods.
- Liberal Arts certificate students will demonstrate an understanding of literature, philosophy, or the creative arts, showing how the humanities are central to a critical study of western and global culture.
- Liberal Arts certificate students will demonstrate basic proficiency in math or science.
- Liberal Arts certificate students will demonstrate a familiarity with the concept of engaged citizenship and develop the basic skills necessary to negotiate American democracy.
- Liberal Arts certificate students will show competency with modern information technology and research skills.
Program supervised by:
Lisa A. Strahley, M.S., Chairperson
Teacher Education and Early Childhood Education Department
Office: Titchener Hall, Room 210
Telephone: 607 778-5029
History 3 Credits
Choose 2 of the following History courses:
Math/Science 3-4 Credits
Humanities 3 Credits
Choose from courses in Art (ART) and Design (INT), Humanities (HUM), Literature (LIT), Music (MUS), Philosophy (PHI), Speaking (SPK), and Theater (THR) or a Foreign Language course (including American Sign Language).
Social Science 3 Credits
Choose from courses in Politcal Science (POS), Psychology (PSY), Social Science (SOS), or Sociology (SOC).
Approved Electives 9 Credits
(Three credits may be outside Liberal Arts with advisor approval)
Total Number of Credits: 24 Minimum
Gainful Employment Program Disclosure 2009-10
Program Name: Liberal Arts
CIP Code: 24.0101
Occupations: This certificate program is not directed towards immediate employment and is not eligible for Title IV funding.
O*Net Link to occupational Profiles:
Program costs for NY State residents - This program will take two full-time semesters (9 months) to complete.
- Tuition and fees - $3,671
- Books and supplies - $1,400
- Room and board - room and board are not provided by the college
- Other - $0
- Number of graduates - 5
- Number of on-time graduates - 5
Job placement rate of graduates: Not available at this time.
Median loan debt of graduates:
- Federal loans - not eligible
- Private loans - $0
- BCC finance plans - $0