CIP Code: 11.0801
The mission of the Website Development and Management Certificate is to prepare students for careers that require a basic foundation in Website development technology such as Web content manager, social media content developer, Web designer, Web front end developer, Web administrator, and graphic designer, through the use of innovative teaching methods, diverse modes of instruction, flexibility of course selections, and the inclusion of 21st century workplace skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Effective Business Communication
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate the ability to exchange ideas through correct and persuasive written statements, oral presentations, active listening, and the use of communication technologies.
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate the ability to apply the following skills in a project environment: teamwork, time management, creative problem solving, conflict resolution, diversity awareness, customer service, and community engagement.
- Information Literacy/Core Technology
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate core competency in information literacy and information technology including file management, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, Web tools, information access, evaluation, and application.
- Discipline Specific Skills
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate appropriate mastery of discipline specific skills in one of the following areas: office administration, office technology, desktop publishing, or Website development and maintenance.
Mark Ryan, Chairperson
Office Business Building, Room 134
Telephone: +1 (607) 778-5132
Credits earned transfer directly into the AAS in Business Information Management or the AAS in Website Development & Management.