Associate in Science Transfer Program
CIP CODE: 52.0201
The Business Administration program at SUNY Broome Community College is a sequence of courses in Business, Liberal Arts, and Math/Science that leads to the Associate in Science degree. The program is designed primarily to prepare the student for transfer to four-year schools although some students do seek employment immediately after graduation. The SUNY Broome Department of Business has transfer agreements with many universities which ensure graduates of full Junior status at the upper division school. Students completing the program also have the option of continuing studies at SUNY Broome Community College to receive a Bachelor's degree through the New York State Excelsior College.
The program is designed to be completed in two years by the full-time student. Students who wish to pursue part-time studies may do so. Schedules can be personalized to fit many needs including the SUNY Broome College-on-the-Weekend program of study.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functional areas of business to include accounting, marketing and law.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, analyze and make business decisions.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
- Be able to evaluate and compare professional, ethical, behavioral and social responsibilities, in a business context.
- Satisfy SUNY Wide General Education requirements.
Program supervised by:
Gian Roma, Chairperson
Office: Business Building, Room 108
Telephone: 607 778-5133
John Bunnell, Coordinator
Office: Business Building, Room 218
Telephone: 607 778-5143/5008
Office: Business Building, Room 216A
Telephone: 607 778-5300/5008
Edward Yetsko, Coordinator
Office: Business Building, Room 204
Telephone: 607 778-5142/5008
See also: Management