Associate in Applied Science
CIP Code: 11.0401
The mission of the Website Development and Management AAS is to prepare students for careers that require a solid foundation in Website development and management such as Website designer, Website developer, webmaster, and social media manager, through the use of innovative teaching methods, diverse modes of instruction, and the inclusion of 21st century workplace skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Effective Business Communication
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate the ability to exchange ideas through correct and persuasive written statements, oral presentations, active listening, and the use of communication technologies.
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate the ability to apply the following skills in a project environment: teamwork, time management, creative problem solving, conflict resolution, diversity awareness, customer service, and community engagement.
- Information Literacy/Core Technology
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate core competency in information literacy and information technology including file management, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, Web tools, information access, evaluation, and application.
- Discipline Specific Skills
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate appropriate mastery of discipline specific skills in one of the following areas: office administration, office technology, desktop publishing, or Website development and maintenance.
Mark Ryan, Chairperson
Office: Business Building, room 134
Telephone: +1 (607) 778-5132
Design your future, while honing the skills employers need in our increasingly digital world.
The Web Development and Management degree (AAS), prepares graduates for direct employment in website design and development, social media creation and campaigns, and digital marketing publications. The degree program will teach you everything you need to know about creating and maintaining attractive and functional websites, from basic web design and computer graphics skills to advanced coding languages and web authoring tools. Coursework includes responsive front-end design and development, asset creation, back-end development, content management systems, and mobile web app development. Business fundamentals are woven throughout the curriculum including ecommerce and project management.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates 15 percent growth in this occupation through 2026, which is much higher than average.