CIP CODE: 50.0102
All students will complete a set of courses: Two-Dimensional Design, Beginning Drawing, Computer Graphics, Basics of Website Creation, Social Media for Professional Use, Digital Photography, Advanced Computer Imagery, Motion Graphics, Filmmaking, Mobile Web App Development, and Interactive Web Sites.
- Students will be able to create an effective multimedia graphic design piece that merges typography, digital imagery and time-based media that clearly communicates a message to a targeted audience.
- Students will be able to articulate the role of visual communication within society, and implement the creative process to solve diverse design problems.
- Students will be able to work competently in a variety of digital media environments.
- Students will be able to create multimedia design and video pieces that effectively communicate within diverse social media platforms geared towards advertising and social networking.
- Students will be able to examine and participate in virtual communities and distance learning environments.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a full command of a variety of software packages and develop creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Students will be able to apply classical formalist design theory to solving complex visual communication problems.
Program supervised by:
Hall Groat, Chairperson
Applied Technology Building, Room 217
Telephone: 607 778-5113