Associate in Applied Science
CIP CODE: 52.0302
The Accounting Program at SUNY Broome Community College is a sequence of courses in Accounting, Business, and Liberal Arts that leads to the Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.). The program is designed primarily to prepare the student for employment in the Accounting field immediately after graduation, although many students do transfer to four year schools.
The program is designed to be completed in two years by the full-time student. Students who wish to pursue part-time studies may do so. Schedules can be personalized to fit many needs including some courses being taught in the SUNY Broome College-on-the-Weekend program.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of modern business tools to include accounting, marketing and law.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, analyze and make accounting decisions.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
- Be able to analyze record financial transaction and prepare financial statements.
- Be able to evaluate and compare professional, ethical, behavioral and social responsibilities, in a business context.
Program supervised by:
Gian Roma, Chairperson
Office: Business Building, Room 108
Telephone: 607 778-5133
John Bunnell, Coordinator
Office: Business Building, Room 218
Telephone: 607 778-5143/5008
Office: Business Building, Room 216A
Telephone: 607 778-5300/5008
Edward Yetsko, Coordinator
Office: Business Building, Room 204
Telephone: 607 778-5142/5008
See also: Financial Services