Associate in Applied Science
CIP Code: 15.0613
The mission of the Manufacturing Technology Program is to prepare students for careers as manufacturing technicians with an A.A.S. degree. The program utilizes small classes to provide quality instruction of the fundamental theoretical concepts of manufacturing technology as well as extensive hands-on practice of these concepts in a modern laboratory setting. Our faculty are proud to work with employers to continuously improve the program based on current manufacturing practices and needs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Manufacturing Technology program will demonstrate:
- An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and current tools of manufacturing.
- The ability to apply mathematics and science to improve efficiency and quality in manufacturing.
- The ability to creatively solve production and quality control problems.
- The ability to work effectively as a team member.
- The ability to identify, analyze and solve problems related to production and manufacturing.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other technical, support and management areas.
- An ability and interest in engaging in lifelong learning.
- A respect for the ethical responsibilities of their job.
- A respect for diversity and knowledge of professional, societal, and global issues.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
Diana LaBelle, Chairperson
Office: Science Building, Room 108
Telephone: +1 (607) 778-5415
This program prepares you for immediate employment as a manufacturing technician with career opportunities in a variety of areas such as manufacturing processes, metrology, principles of continuous improvement, CNC machine programming and operation, robotics and C programming, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM), and statistical quality control. The program includes a capstone project and emphasizes the application of scientific and engineering knowledge combined with practical technical skills and methods in support of advanced manufacturing.