EVE 215 - Special Event Interior Design
This course addresses major trends and successful business practices in Special Event Management and Interior Design to provide the knowledge and tools to improve your effectiveness and profitability as a special event designer/manager/owner/operator. Students will learn special event design materials and tool usage, special event centerpiece design and construction with a special focus on weddings, trade show booth displays and construction, table settings and material selection and related special even Décor props design and construction.
3 Class Hours, 3 Laboratory Hours
Objectives of the Course:
1. Students are to be taught the special event business and more specifically the interior designs that go along with that business that make it special.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Create and manage a successful special events enterpirse.
2. Build special event clientele.
3. Effectively select special event venues.
4. Financially manage a profitable special event.
5. Identify and priortize special event goals and objectives.
6. Identify potential challenges to creating a successful special event cabinet.
7. Choose materials for, design and construct table centerpieces; special focus on weddings.
8. Employ effective color coordination.
9. Design and create islands of Décor.
10. Create professional floral arrangements for special events.
11. Employ and devise creative special event concepts.
12. Research special event interior design ideas and experiences.
[Add to Portfolio]