BUS 122 - Self-Management
The course focuses on six self-management skill sets, known as the 6-C's, necessary to ensure effective student performance: assessing circumstances, establishing behavioral controls, managing complexity, demonstrating commitment, consideration for others, and effective communications. The course provides exercises and practical examples to help prepare students for college. The lessons learned are also transferrable to any real-world situation.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Appreciate the value of a college education and improve their chances of retention.
2. Accurately assess their own internal strengths and weaknesses, and external threats and opportunities.
3. Effectively manage the complexity of college life.
4. Recognize how behavior either erodes or engenders success and trust.
5. Define and measure their own levels of commitment to their education.
6. Communicate more effectively (written, verbal and non-verbal).
7. Develop behavioral controls and personal policies that are in alignment with their goals.
[Add to Portfolio]