ENV 100 - Environmental Science Orientation
This course is designed to enhance the student learning process through lectures, group and experiential learning exercises, field trips and a service learning project. Students will learn concepts and philosophies of sustainability and environmental science, community building, career and transfer opportunities, academic success strategies, personal development, and orientation to the college environment.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify various departments and services on campus.
2. Demonstrate community building skills including knowing the other students in class, working effectively in groups, and being able to interact positively with other students.
3. Summarize the opportunities and emerging trends in the field of Environmental Science.
4. Understand and put into practice interaction with faculty and peers, use of campus resources and time management skills to improve academic success.
5. Determine their preferred learning style and thinking preference.
6. Become aware of the opportunities for transferring to a four year school.
7. Explain current events and issues related to Environmental Science.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)