BUS 156 - Real Estate for Salesperson
Designed to meet current New York State requirements for licensure as a real estate salesperson. Land use regulation, law of contracts, real estate instruments, real estate mathematics, brokerage and the law of agency, valuation and listing procedures, license law and ethics, human rights and fair housing, appraisal techniques, real property taxation and assessment.
5 class hours
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Develop and administer an ability to transfer the ownership of a real estate interest.
2. Prepare a real estate deed.
3. Prepare a mortgage, and note.
4. Evidence an understanding of various restrictions on title by preparing language and inserting the language on an appropriate deed of title.
5. Prepare and analyze a real estate contract.
6. Prepare the real estate closing statement and administer the closing statement at the real estate closing. These funcitons require an ability to be a critical thinker and effective communicator.
7. Have mathematical efficiency in calculating the closing mathematics as required by banking and federal/state requirements which govern the closing function.
Add to Portfolio