FRE 201 - Intermediate French I
Intensive review of grammar and syntax. A cultural, conversational and literary approach to French language. Students will continue learning about the French & Francophone cultures and examine them and be prepared to handle various situations.
Prerequisite: FRE 102 Beginning French II
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of intermediate French grammar that cover forms, meanings and functions, and use them appropriately in oral and written communication.
2. Develop intermediate oral fluency in pronunciation, listening comprehension, speaking, and oral presentations necessary for successful real-world communication.
3. Develop their active vocabulary of high-frequency words, collocations, and idiomatic expressions that are commonly used in the French-speaking world.
4. Develop reading comprehension fluency at the low intermediate level through a variety of authentic genres, including academic discourse, newspaper and magazine articles, fiction, poetry, and essays.
5. Develop intermediate writing proficiency through various writing assignments such as comprehension questions, paragraphs, essay, journals, and letters.
6. Develop an understanding of French and Francophone cultures and societies as well as that or their own.
[Add to Portfolio]