EET 270 - Control Systems & Robotics and Laboratory
Incorporated with this course are the theory, operation, design and implementation of open and closed loop control systems, including mathematical modeling and stability analysis. Theory and application of both analog and digital controls are introduced. Robotic applications and programming are integrated with this course. Process control techniques with additional Programmable Logic Controller programming are included.
Prerequisites: EET 247W Energy Conversions & Automation and Laboratory, EET 260 Digital Electronics
3 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Be exposed to simulation software such s MATLAB and Simulink.
2. Understand control system block diagrams and be able to reduce to a single block.
3. Determine characterisic equations for second order systems.
4. Understand first, second, and multiple order control systems.
5. Determine if a control system is stable.
6. Understand concepts of frequency response nd Bode plots.
7. Understand effects of nonlinearities.
8. Understand the concepts of digital control and robotics.
[Add to Portfolio]