EET 111 - Electrical Construction Laboratory
An introductory course in residential and commercial wiring procedures, basic measuring techniques, and fundamentals of basic machine operations. Students will gain experience in the fabrication, installation, and maintenance of electrical equipment through hands-on laboratory exercises. This course also includes National Electrical Code topics with an emphasis on electrical safety.
3 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Operate various machine tools, hand tools, and test equipment, including a vertical milling machine, bandsaw, engraver, Hipot tester and multimeter.
2. Layout and install basic residential wiring circuits in compliance with the National Electric Code.
3. Build a project from a dimensioned print.
4. Populate and solder a printed circuit board.
5. Work safely in a shop environment.
Add to Portfolio