CST 228 W - GDI Programming with C and C++
This course is a natural extension of CST 150, C/C++ Programming for Programmers. The course teaches Graphics Device Interfacing (GDI) with Windows 98 and Windows NT Programming Concepts. Topics include programming advantages of a GDI environment, concepts and techniques. Icons, cursors, bitmaps, fonts, menus, dialog boxes, etc. are integrated into the GDI environment. Extensive programming and laboratory work matches the lecture topics. Writing emphasis course.
Prerequisite: CST 150 Object Oriented Programming
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Coure:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. List and demonstrate structured and object oriented programming techniques.
2. List and demonstrate advanced GDI knowledge to develop Windows GUI programs.
3. List and demonstrate details relating to inheritance in the object oriented environment.
4. Demonstrate the ability to use construct/destructor methods in object oriented applications.
5. Develop and document Windows based GUI applications.
6. Develop and document multiple forms within a Windows GUI application.
[Add to Portfolio]