CST 203 - Security Hardware and Software
This third security course concentrates on security hardware and software. Hardware devices include media, NICs, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion sensors, and biometric security sensors. Software applications include sniffers, network scanners, remote control software, OS network commands, forensic analyzers, and event analyzers.
Prerequisite: CST 104 Remote Security Methods
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Configure a software or hardware firewall.
2. Configure a managed switch.
3. Capture and analyze network traffic using a sniffer.
4. Have knowledge of the essentials of biometric authentication involving fingerprints and facial recognition.
5. Work with JPG image files that have embedded EXIF information or stegonographic content.
6. Have knowledge of the operation of spanning tree algorithms and fault tolerant techniques and their application to networks.
7. Use disassemblers and debuggers to analyze malicious code.
[Add to Portfolio]