CIV 119 - Architectural Drawing w/CAD
Fundamentals of architectural drafting including floor plans, elevations, sections, details, schedules, plot plans, plumbing layouts, electrical layouts. Emphasis on residential drawings, instruction in the use of Architectural Desktop for the above types of drawings. Drawing assignments done both manually and using AutoCAD.
Prerequisite: CIV 113 Engineering Drawing I w/CAD
1 Class Hour, 3 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of this Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Be aware of the considerations in the preliminary planning of a residence.
2. Understand the basic framing techniques and typical details for residential structures.
3. Have knowledge of materials and terminology used in residential construction.
4. Create the following architectrual working drawings using both board drafting tools and the college's Architectural CAD software: Floor Plans, Basement/Foundation Plans, Section Views, Elevations, Site Plans, etc.
5. Be aware of architectural drafting conventions including common material symbols, appropriate lineweights, and level of detail required on various drawings.
6. Be proficient in the use of the college's architectural CAD software for creating the above residential plans.
7. Create basic three dimensional models of a residential structure using the college's Architectural CAD software.
8. Use proper dimension techniques for architectural working drawings.
9. Construct an architectural working drawing complete with border, scale, details, titles, etc. using manual or CAD drafting techniques.
10. Understand how to incorporate energy efficient design into residential structures.
[Add to Portfolio]