BUS 112 - Quantitative Business Methods
Quantitative analysis of contemporary business problems. The course includes percentages, ratios, markup/markdown, cash and trade discounts. Simple and compound interest, consumer credit and insurance. Present value, future value, and annuities. An introduction to statistics and graphical analysis.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Prepare a bank reconciliation.
2. Solve for any unknown in base, rate, and portion problems.
3. Calculate the percent of change.
4. Calculate trade discounts.
5. List and explain discount and credit periods used by businesses.
6. Calculate an outstanding balance for partial payments.
7. Calculate markups based on selling price and cost.
8. Calculate bank discounts and proceeds for simple interest bearing notes.
9. Compute effective interest rates.
10. Compare simple interest with compound interest.
11. Perform future value and present value applications using the BA II Plus Calculator.
12. Prepare a loan amortization table.
13. Compute average daily balance and finance charges on open ended credit instruments.
14. Calculate the total deferred payment price and finance charges on installment loans.
15. Identify and explain the various types of life insurance.
16. Identify and compute measures of central tendency.
Add to Portfolio